2004 Chrysler Pacifica: no power to drivers door

Old 04-07-16, 04:31 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2004 Chrysler Pacifica: no power to drivers door

2004 Chrysler Pacifica, keep losing power to driver door. No window door lock or seat power. I have replaced the relays and checked all the fuses. What do I check or replace next?

Old 04-07-16, 05:14 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
If I know my Chrysler's...... it sounds like a broken wire in the door harness at the hinge point.

This is a very difficult DIY project. I'd start by opening the door and checking for live power. You will most likely need to disconnect one end of the harness boot at a time and look for a broken or fatigued wire.

Old 04-07-16, 06:41 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you. I will try that this weekend.

Old 04-08-16, 04:07 AM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
^^ What he said. If/when you find the broken wire(s), solder them back together and protect with heat shrink. And if you have one, a multimeter is an invaluable tool. It may not be obvious which wire(s) are damaged simply by looking at them. Probing both ends of each wire while manipulating the harness back and forth and monitoring the resistance on the meter will tell you without a doubt. You can buy a cheap digital meter for under $30. Let us know how it goes.

Old 04-08-16, 05:42 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
If/when you find a break. It would be common sense to just solder it back together and shrink tubing makes an excellent insulation but the wire will be too short.

I've found that just reconnecting the wire is a short term repair. I actually add a piece of wire in and make two splices. Keeping the splice points out of the bending radius.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: