2008 Nissan Quest No Audio

Old 04-10-16, 09:17 AM
2008 Nissan Quest No Audio

As the title says, I lost all audio capabilities in my 08 Quest.

It gave us warnings, about 5 seconds after starting the car, you'd hear a loud-ish pop from the speakers as if they lost power (which they did). However we would just turn the car off and back on. And it would work. This happened probably once or twice a month for about a year. Then last week, it did the same pop, turned it off and on again, this time it wouldn't work. Even the buttons linking to audio on the dash don't lead to anything. For example I can't adjust the volume, I can't access the audio settings, I can't change the radio station etc etc.

I know the display is working because other buttons unrelated to the audio system do function normally.

I've checked the fuse but it's still good. I was thinking maybe something shorted out, but even if it did, wouldn't it blow the fuse?

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-16, 09:57 AM
Group Moderator
If the remote buttons no longer operate the radio then the problem is inside the radio. There are two fuses powering the radio..... on with the key and always live. Since you can see the display on the radio.... both fuses are good.

It would appear you have a radio failure.

Old 04-10-16, 07:09 PM
It would appear you have a radio failure.
How would I go about diagnosing this? As well as fixing it? New radio system?