1991 plymouth acclaiim sometimes wont start fix?

Old 04-29-16, 04:47 AM
1991 plymouth acclaiim sometimes wont start fix?

Hello Everyone, I get in my car and it will just make a very slight noise at first then nothing and wont start, and my radio comes on by itself although i made sure it is off, but the engine. after popping the hood, and i dont know if this is a coincidence or not but i wiggles the new battery wires which are tight then banged on the battery with my hand, then went into the car and it started right up immediately. the starter is around five yrs old. this happens periodically, any ideas on what might be causing this? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-16, 08:07 AM
Temporarily Suspended
Tighten the terminal ends with a wrench. If the battery has caps to check the water, make sure that the cells are full.

Old 04-29-16, 10:21 AM
Pulpo. Thank you for the reply, but let me tell you, i think this may be solved. i heard on the internet that auto zone gives free testing of your starter, so I went there and the guy there was great, in just three minutes he tested my battery, my starter, my alternator and they all checked out 100% good.
so we looked at the negative terminal nut and it was cracked, thats why it stopped starting once i awhile. so i bought a new one and i plan to cut off the old plug and splice the two wires inside the old wiring to the new plug. this may be the simple cure after all, i never spliced the battery wires before but i am going to give it a try, which me luck and thank you again.

Old 04-29-16, 10:33 AM
Temporarily Suspended
If it's that simple, go for it. Are you sure that you want me wish you good luck? Every time I buy a lotto ticket, I cringe when the Indian guy says good luck.