EGR valve hose pipe.

Old 09-04-16, 08:31 PM
EGR valve hose pipe.

2001 pontiac montana. I replaced the egr valve but the pipe that connects to the back of the valve got bent and wont re-attach. I tried removing the pipe from where it connects to the engine but its seized. Tried penetrating oil and a wrench and a hammer but no go wont budge. Will it harm the engine if i ran it without the pipe attached for a short time like to a repair shop. It runs. Also need them to finish the sparkplugs as i was only able to get 2 of them changed cause they are frozen also.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-16, 02:56 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cut along side the tubing at the engine to release the tubing and replace it with a longer, more bendable piece of tubing. Don't know what a "short time" is to you. I wouldn't run it long before I took care of it.

Old 09-05-16, 12:38 PM
I ordered a new pipe but how would i extend it. Use a rubber boot and some hose clamps to extend it? The pipe bolts to the back of the valve and physically goes into the valve. I could try a blow torch to try and heat the pipe then hit it with cold water to shock the rust free.

Old 09-05-16, 02:03 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Any "pipe" is part of the EGR valve and should not be removed. Your tubing can be replaced. Just not sure what you are trying to do. Can you post pictures?

Old 09-05-16, 04:23 PM
This Part here EGR Tube Pipe for Grand Prix Buick Century Impala Olds V6 3 1L 3 4L | eBay is what Im trying to replace. It got managed cause it's soft metal so it no longer fits into the EGR valve and i can't get it to come loose from the engine so I can put a new one on.

Old 09-16-16, 01:15 AM
Well took it for a test drive with the broken pipe. it runs and drives OK but it's nosiy like it doesn't have a muffler. not as loud as the 91 olds I had with a cracked exhaust manifold but close. I found a bring your own parts place and will have them finish the tune up cause i got 2 good plugs and 3 good wires on it and i got the EGR pipe so no sense having a regular shop replace the brand new parts with their brand new parts.