hose clamps

Old 09-09-16, 06:44 AM
hose clamps

I need to change the purge solenoid valve on my wife's 2008 Saturn Aura, 3.6 liter, and getting to it is easy enough, but I have not been able to get the doggone hoses disconnected from the original one. If this works, below are pictures of the two hose ends involved. Any idea what the trick might be? Thank you.

Name:  IMG_0366.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  37.0 KBName:  IMG_0367.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  35.0 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-16, 06:51 AM
Wow, I think the pictures are upside down, but shouldn't matter, so this is great! In the first picture, the valve is on the left, the hose end on the right, and they meet about in the middle. The whitish thing in the middle is part of the hose end, and there is another ear on the back side of the connector. They float enough that I'm thinking it's just a matter of squeezing those two together and popping the line off, but that hasn't worked for me so far.

The second picture is of the connection at the opposite side of the valve, with the hose end on the left and the valve just appearing on the right. I'm thinking that little tab on the top of the connector has something to do with releasing it, but that hasn't worked yet either.

Old 09-09-16, 08:02 PM
using your thumb nail to press the white tab in and using a twisting pulling motion will release it. the second looks like you need to turn the hose a bit to get to the tab you have to push towards the hose and a round a bit then pull apart.(hard to tell that one)

Old 09-10-16, 04:04 AM
Thank you very much, iceman. As I had mentioned, I figured that white tab had something to with it, but it wasn't working for some reason, so applied what you said and it popped right off this morning. Great way to start the day! As you said, the other one was harder to tell, and even with the first one off there wasn't much play in the line, but was finally able to feel a small tab on the back side of the connector that I was able to press and wiggle the connection apart. The two things I know about these types of connections are that they usually pop right apart once you find the sweet spot, but if you try forcing the wrong thing too far and snap something off you've created a real problem because the fittings are generally not readily available. And the real good thing was that I was able to confirm once I got the valve out that it is bad, so hopefully have her car fixed. Thank you again; I really appreciate the help.