Unidentified Lingering Odor

Old 10-03-16, 01:47 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Unidentified Lingering Odor

We bought a certified used car a year ago and it STILL profusely smells like air freshener or something. Here's what we've tried: baking soda sprinkled on upholstery and vacuumed, Odo-ban spray, steam vac, towels soaked with vinegar and left in open bowls (just made the car smell like vinegar too), looking under seats for air fresheners, leaving windows down all night.
We want to sell the car so we don't want to invest in a professional cleaning.
What can we do? I don't want to replace this odor for another odor. I want the odor GONE.

Old 10-03-16, 02:35 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
All the stuff you have compounded will only add insult to injury with the smell. Is the air freshener a pleasant smell, or is it a smell of death. If you have ever smelled death, you won't forget it. You could have a mouse carcass in the ductwork.

Old 10-03-16, 02:49 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Not death. Truly a fragrance smell. And when I smell the air coming from the vents it smells fine.

Old 10-03-16, 07:38 PM
Received 62 Upvotes on 53 Posts
Weill then just sell it. Why bother?
BTW, did you pull carpeting? I used to spread dry carpet cleaning powder under carpeting, to let it soak into insulating foam under the carpet.
WhatOdor is the only other chemical that I know of that KILLS smells. But if source is unknown, it'll come back.
Sell as is.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: