2003 ford windstar door ajar

Old 10-23-16, 10:04 PM
2003 ford windstar door ajar

The door Ajar light is constantly on. No chimes and interior lights don't come on unless i move the dimmer switch to the on position. I know that the vehicle actually thinks the door is open because the second i turn off my key the radio turns off. And every once in a blue i will hear a chime while driving and quickly goes away. I've already spayed wd40 on every single door sensor.. not no avail. What can i do to track down the issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-24-16, 01:40 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like one of the door switches is bad. Not sure what kind of switch you have but will need to check each one.

Old 10-24-16, 07:56 AM
What pugsl said. Definitely hope for a switch to be bad; sounds like it's one of the front doors since the radio shuts off when you turn the vehicle off...if it were a rear door, the radio would stay on...the radio doesn't care about those doors being open (at least they don't with my '03 Explorer).

I just replaced the door switch a couple months ago in my '03 Explorer. The driver door switch went bad and would randomly trip the door ajar warning. The switch was $50ish from the dealer and I just had to get inside the door to change it out. Was pretty easy if you're mechanically inclined.

You definitely want to hope it's that and not the wiring in the door jamb that goes between the door and the body of the vehicle. Then you'd have to find which wire is faulty in that massive bundle and splice a new length of wire inline.