Chrysler Starting Issue

Old 10-27-16, 09:56 AM
Chrysler Starting Issue

I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 with the 3.5 litre V6 engine (98000 miles) The car has developed the annoying issue of cranking the engine but not starting on the first turn of the key (not always but often) It will always start on the second turn of the key. Where should I be looking for a fix for this?

Last edited by PJmax; 10-27-16 at 10:14 AM. Reason: repaired text
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-16, 10:15 AM
Group Moderator
I would look into the fuel rail pressure. That would require a fuel pressure test gauge to see if the fuel rail is holding the required pressure at shutdown.

Old 10-27-16, 11:02 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
When was the fuel filter changed last? It's also getting close to the mileage recommended for a tune up.

Old 10-27-16, 06:49 PM
Chrysler Starting Issue

I checked into changing the fuel filter years ago. Chrysler doesn't have one listed for this engine. Seemed hard to believe, but show me one, and I will install it. I have a set of spark plugs for it, and plan to get that done soon. I will check the fuel rail pressure when I do that. I lost a fuel pump in a Dodge about this same mileage in 2007, replaced it and then sold it to buy this car.

Thanks for the replies!

Old 10-27-16, 08:09 PM
the fuel filter is located on the fuel pump. and that also might be your problem. from now on before you start it turn the key on listen for the pump. turn it off then start it. if it starts every time then you have fuel pressure bleeding off. with this being a return-less system it can only be three things. fuel pump check valve(fuel pump replacement), a fuel injector leaking internally, or the dangerous fuel line leak.

if this does not affect it, then i would look to a dirty throttle body.