Suspect Mileage on Vehicle History Report

Old 10-31-16, 01:18 PM
Suspect Mileage on Vehicle History Report

I'm going to look at a used infiniti G25 sedan after work today and just pulled the history report. Apparently there was a mistake when recording the mileage and I'm wondering how this is possible. In April of 2015, the mileage was reported as 36,040, in February 2015 it was reported as 76,555, then in April 2016 it was listed as 45,986. I'm assuming this was just a careless mistake. The other suspect thing is the vehicle was listed for $17,595 earlier this year (April), and is now listed for nearly $5,000 less than that ($12,900). Should I be suspicious of this vehicle or are these records prone to errors like these. I dropped by the other day to check it out quickly, but they were closed. It looked to be in good condition, but it appears the entire left side was resprayed. No accidents reported, but I realize that doesn't mean anything.

https://www.vehiclehistory.com/pagin...new-report.php

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-16, 04:18 PM
Your link just takes us to their home page. You probably need to print to pdf or do a screen cap if you want to post the correct report.

Old 10-31-16, 05:26 PM
Group Moderator
You didn't say what year it is. Personally, I would be a little suspicious. Is this a name brand dealer or a small independent place?

Old 10-31-16, 06:04 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I can't tell anything but from what you said I would be putting on my track shoes and run away.

Old 10-31-16, 07:49 PM
Yeah, it was crap. Dirty as hell, smelled awful, worn interior, countless paint touchups. I went ahead and drove the hell out of it anyway because I wanted to see how that type of vehicle drove. Felt great to get back into my Acura TL and drive away.