Chrysler 300 Trunk Lid Release

Old 11-30-16, 12:48 PM
Chrysler 300 Trunk Lid Release

I repaired the wiring 3 years ago (where it bends to go from the car to the trunk lid) but something has failed in the system again. My thought would be that there is a device that the wire in the lid goes to that might be the culprit this time, but a call to the dealer came up with a part for a Dodge hatchback but nothing for Chrysler. PN 5102338AC Am I close?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-16, 01:21 PM
Group Moderator
I don't recall anything in the wiring path from the hinge location to the lock but if you leave all the vehicle info.... I'll look up a wiring diagram for it.

Old 11-30-16, 02:35 PM
Chrysler 300 Trunk Lid release

Thanks for the reply Pete, I went looking for a Utube video and found a 'trunk lock actuator motor" that fits my car (2007 Chrysler 3000 with 3.5 V6) It was aftermarket, but at least I can show the dealer what I might need. (I might have more broken wires elsewhere. It was part number 731-714 (Denler?) for about 84 bucks. If I can get my wife to stay at home long enough for me to trace the wiring diagram you send me, I might be able to save some money two ways!

Thanks again!

WML13

Old 12-06-16, 01:51 PM
Chrysler Truck lid release

I gueuss you could say I got Lucky in that all I had were 3 broken wires a little further up in the wire loom. I spliced some new heavier wire in place of the old wire and soldered and taped them all up Good to go. The wires send 12 volts to a device attached in the center of the trunk lid that when actuated, it releases a latch and a spring attached to the Car itself forces the trunk lid to pop up an inch or two, enough to get a set of fingers under the lid and raise it the rest of the way.

Old 12-06-16, 02:00 PM
Group Moderator
Good job.

Sometimes heavier is not better..... but more flexible is.

Old 12-06-16, 02:28 PM
Chrser 300 Trunk Lid release

10-4 on the "more flexible" I don't think the wire I used was more than on or two steps in the wire gauge scalel. Don't think I lost any flexibility