2006 Honda Civic- brake lights out

Old 12-03-16, 12:53 PM
Question 2006 Honda Civic- brake lights out

I have 2 lites out on tail end l but lite on back window works,i have no power at the sockets,but have power at the brakelite switch,I was wondering if there are 2 sets of contacts in that switch,one for the lites in back&one for the one in back window?Please advise,Greatly appreciated! Jimmy

Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-16, 01:12 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
It appears that there are two terminals on the switch. One would be power in and the other for power out. If your car uses the brake lights as turn signals, the problem could be in the turn signal switch.
If you have separate amber turn signals in the rear, then start checking from the connector that feeds the high mount and stop lights in the trunk area.

Old 12-03-16, 01:39 PM
Group Moderator
The diagram I'm looking at shows two terminals for brake switch.

If your brake eye works... the switch is ok. The diagram shows the car has separate brakelights from the directionals. That can be confirmed as the brakelights are red and the directionals are amber.

click diagram for larger view.

Last edited by PJmax; 12-03-16 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-03-16, 03:10 PM
Turn signals are workin ,how would I can I diagnose this&where do i go from here? Thank u!

Old 12-03-16, 03:19 PM
Group Moderator
The colors of the wires should match the diagram. There is 12v at the third eye because it works when you step on the brake pedal. You'll need to either find a splice point or just keep following the same color wires and checking for power when the brake is pressed.

When you checked for power on the brake light sockets... the pedal was pressed down.... right ?

There will NOT be power on the wiring when the pedal is not pressed down.