Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
2001 chevy blazer no 4x4

no 4x4 replaced actuator
checked vacuum good
jacked car up started pushed 4x4 button transfer axle locked
pulled on cable no movement
found power to encoder plug
still no 4x4
the encoder has a rectangle 2 prong plug which the parts guy says is for a all wheel drive i have the 4x4 buttons will this encoder work?

Old 02-04-17, 06:44 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Your post does not make sense. Please use complete sentences and proper punctuation.

Old 02-04-17, 07:10 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 252 Upvotes on 202 Posts
[Thread edited to update questions etc]
First, I am not familiar with your specific vehicle but I'll try to help.

no 4x4 replaced actuator
Who replaced the actuator? You, drunk cousin Jim Bob or a reputable mechanic shop? etc, etc.

checked vacuum good
Ok good. But is it enough vacuum?

jacked car up started pushed 4x4 button transfer axle locked
You're saying the indicator light came on OR did it actually lock in & work correctly when jacked up?

pulled on cable no movement
Ok, but is the actuator moving the cable enough?

found power to encoder plug
still no 4x4
Ok so we know we have power TO the encoder plug. Just to be clear, do we have power coming out of the encoder plug? It has to get out to operate whatever is on the other side of the encoder plug. If it plugs directly into the encoder, is the encoder working?

the encoder has a rectangle 2 prong plug which the parts guy says is for a all wheel drive i have the 4x4 buttons will this encoder work?
I doubt that one for "all wheel drive" & "4 wheel drive" encoders are the same. I highly doubt that but, again, I am not familiar with your vehicle specifically. I'd call another auto parts store & ask someone else. However, you might call another store location of the same brand you went to & ask... compare part numbers, but, I imagine if he looked in their catalog & found that its the same, another store location of the same brand will probably give you the same info. However, if he just said that without checking, the other location may give you better or different answer & and another part number etc.

Oh, one other question..... How long have you owned this vehicle?

[Thread edited to update questions etc]

Last edited by Dixie2012; 02-04-17 at 07:45 AM.
Old 02-04-17, 07:29 AM
D
Group Moderator
Received 252 Upvotes on 202 Posts
If your actuator is getting vacuum & the actuator is working & pulling that cable, it could be a valve located on the transfer case. The one I seen, looks like it has three vacuum lines going to it & screws into the transfer case. It actually looks like a bolt with ahead on it about 2" long with male threads on it. That's a valve that works off of vacuum. Apparently its about $15 or so. Just take the vacuum lines off the valve, unscrew it from the transfer case & replace it.

Have you checked or replaced that valve?

Old 02-04-17, 02:23 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
will do thanks replaced ll the vacuum line but that one

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: