2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan (4 Door)

Old 05-08-17, 05:12 PM
2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan (4 Door)

I just recently bought a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE Sedan from an auction sale in Florence, SC. I got it for about $740 (fees included). It's a pretty good car, it just needs some work. So, I'm not looking to spend a lot of cash on fixing it up. I want to cover up this part with something that sticks well. Some sort of fabric or rubber that's grey in color. Something I can get under $25.00. Any ideas?

Name:  Smaller JPEG.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  36.9 KB

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-17, 06:01 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Yeah, how about the original sill plate that was removed? GM OEM-Door Sill Plate 22734939 for an example.

Old 05-08-17, 06:36 PM
Super Moderator
Check junkyards...excuse me...auto recyclers.

Old 05-08-17, 06:56 PM
That's actually a pretty good idea, lol. I should be able to find a sill plate there. Pull-A-Part has over two dozen 2001 Pontiac Grand Ams, so I think it's worth a shot. Thanks guys!

Old 05-10-17, 11:48 AM
EPDM tape

Here is a grey (I think, worth confirming as comes in black and white more typically) tape used to seal roofs that sticks to everything. You could just tape over the area, you really want to protect the wiring there as the main objective.

https://www.amazon.com/EternaBond-RV...TWZJ3M0S53EX2S

You can then cut a strip of carpet from under the seats and stick on the top of the tape to make for a more finished look.

Of course a used or ebay plastic replacement sill cover is the best solution, but if the desired outcome is purely practical (and on a budget) this tape will do the job and you will have some left for other emergencies/repairs. It is pretty useful stuff.