Car harness wires cut off at the knees, can't recover pins out of box

Old 05-27-17, 09:50 PM
Car harness wires cut off at the knees, can't recover pins out of box

The box pictured has two pins remaining on the inside. These pins pictured in the female box connect to a male box on another harness.
On the other side of the female box you see that two cables chopped at the knees by the PO.
I need to connect the wires to this box so that I can reconnect this box to the male counterpart.
I went to radioshack but they're just went out of business, not sure who would know how to get the existing pins out and reconnect them to the wires still in the harness.
Anyone had to do this before?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-17, 03:37 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
The pins are held in via a spring barb. Look really close with the help of a light and you will see the barb side of the connector where the wire bob is. Grab the wire bob with a pair of pliers and use an extremely thin probe to release that barb. Not too much tension or you will deform the barb. Once it is released, you can desolder the wire and resolder back in a new one and reinsert it into the proper hole, which you will mark before you remove it from the connector

Old 05-28-17, 04:35 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Google this, there is a page of pin tools.
wire harness pin tool

Old 05-28-17, 04:40 AM
Group Moderator
With that type connector I think you have to remove the red locking wedge inside the socket.

Old 05-28-17, 01:16 PM
Group Moderator
Those pins are not easy to remove. Almost to the point where I wouldn't even consider trying to get them out.

I put the plug in a vice and using a pencil solder I soldered new wires directly to the pin body.
Pretin the wire...... pretin the pin...... and work quickly.