Honda Civic: blind spot or lane watch

Old 06-02-17, 03:29 PM
Honda Civic: blind spot or lane watch

I have tried everything but go to the dealer and this accessory is hard to find.
Does the civic have a blind spot protection or lane watch as Honda calls it.
It seems a pretty good car otherwise if you buy new.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-17, 08:48 PM
Yes and it's very easy to install

https://www.ebay.com/i/like/22238650...=ps&dispItem=1

Old 06-28-17, 11:26 AM
Blind spot

I thought he blind spot or lane watch was part of the car and not aftermarket or installed.
The one we test drove already had it.

Old 06-28-17, 11:33 AM
Super Moderator
Well yeah, most or all new cars have that safety feature and more. It's at least an option and it is part of the car.
Ukrbyk is just telling you it's available for older cars that didn't come with it.

Old 06-28-17, 03:39 PM
after market

Now I got it and thanks. I appreciate the information.

Old 06-28-17, 04:31 PM
Group Moderator
Yes and it's very easy to install
Thats a blind spot mirror. They have been around for a long time and are common as dirt. I thought the O/P wanted something electronic. Does he?

Old 06-28-17, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Well the new cars are electronic. Mine has that and it flashes when a car hits the blind spot.
There's perhaps a misunderstanding here. I'm thinking something like what mine has, would be connected to the computer (or whatever), and not so easy to install yourself.?

Old 06-28-17, 05:10 PM
I believe ukrbyk was being sarcastic.

There are aftermarket, electronic blind-spot monitoring systems out there, but I have no personal experience with them. From what I gather from looking online, they're self-contained systems where you install a little computer, the sensors, the light and the warning chime without tying into the existing electronics.

As for OEM systems, Honda has two blind spot technologies -- LaneWatch, and Blind Spot Information System. LaneWatch uses a rear-facing camera mounted on your side mirrors, and when you activate your turn signal, it displays the camera image of your blind spot on a display in the cabin. Blind spot information system is the "more traditional" sonar-based system, which senses a vehicle, turns on a warning light on the mirror, and possibly makes noises at you.

Per the Honda website, the Blind Spot Information System is "available" on CR-V, Ridgeline, Pilot and Odyssey for 2017. The LaneWatch camera-based system is "available" on a wide variety of cars for 2017, including the Civic Coupe, Sedan and Hatchback.

It would probably be best if the OP did reach out to a Honda dealer to confirm, because "available" doesn't necessarily mean "standard," and it may vary from 2016 to 2017 to 2018 models, and from trim level to trim level.

And one thing that I've learned from owning Hondas is that there really isn't much in the way of "options," like American auto manufacturers do. You might get some dealer-installed splash guards or roof racks, but generally the tech at a certain level is set. There's no adding a "convenience package" or anything like that. Either your trim level (LX, EX, etc.) has what you want, or it doesn't.

Old 06-29-17, 04:16 AM
blind spot

Yes, you have explained it well. I went back to the dealer for another test drive and when I clicked the turn signal I see a picture on the blind spot.

On cars than the lane watch ones there is a blinker not a picture.

It''s a word game like all else in retail.
Best to go and several times until all questions are answered and not after you buy.

Thanks all.

Search this Thread