2007 tahoe power mirror not working

Old 07-04-17, 05:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2007 tahoe power mirror not working

Drivers side mirror not working, no sound. Can you replace motor or do you have to replace the whole mirror?

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-17, 07:08 AM
Received 65 Votes on 60 Posts
To see which individual components are available, I typically start with a search on one of the auto parts websites, be it Auto Zone, NAPA, Advance, or whichever your preference is. Before going that route though, I would see if I was actually getting power to the motor. There is a harness that connects the door to the chassis, through which all of the wires for the mirror, door locks, speaker, and whatnot pass, and that harness is flexed each time the door is opened and closed, so possible that you have a broken or partially broken wire(s) in there.

Old 07-04-17, 10:03 PM
Opps! Wrong key. Sorry about that folks.

Last edited by wdyar; 07-04-17 at 10:14 PM. Reason: Wrong key. Sorry about that folks.
Old 07-04-17, 10:09 PM
Driver side RVM not working

It is best to replace the whole assembly since you are going to have to remove the whole thing to replace a part of it. I went to AutoPartsWarehouse and got the complete assembly for about 25% of the dealer price. You can try a nearby Pull-A-Part yard and get the part you need and if your lucky you may find one with the same color. Just remove the bolts and the electrical is a simple connector. Check with your local dealer to find the years of Chevys that used the same RVM to make the selection easier.