Battery light coming on only during turns

Old 09-28-17, 08:47 AM
Battery light coming on only during turns

Hi all,

I have a 2003 cadillac deville with a strange issue. Runs and starts fine but yesterday the battery light started coming on only as I am turning corners with the vehicle then it goes off. I can drive for miles straight and stop at signals without turning and it doesn't come on. Any thoughts. Thx

Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-17, 10:54 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Check the battery cables and fan belt to make sure they are snug. If it's not something simple like that I'd be looking for a short in the wiring somewhere.

Old 09-29-17, 12:55 AM
Super Moderator
Actually had a break in a wire that only showed up sometimes. If I accelerated and the engine torqued over, the break would appear and I'd get a battery light. Turns, slow speed, slow steady acceleration, no problems. Took forever to find it. Very hard to simulate except for pulling on and shaking the wiring harness.

Old 09-30-17, 04:05 PM
Alternator belt. or, serpentine. When you turn, you put strain onto engine, as power is taken away somewhat by power steering. then alternator undeperforms. Or, alternator is headed south.
Also, entire power train moves when you turns. So it may cause a loose connection show itself.

Old 10-02-17, 08:21 PM
Aside from a loose connection, I'll put in another vote to check the belt and tension/tensioner.