Is their a glue that I can use to connect electrical components?

Old 11-08-17, 08:36 PM
Exclamation Is their a glue that I can use to connect electrical components?

Hello, let me explain. I recently hit a deer with our 2010 Suzuki sx 4. It broke the headlight assembly. I am currently in the process of replacing the headlight housing. I inserted all the bulbs in their housing and placed them in the assembly. I couldn't get the one little side marker bulb to light. I then realized the one wire had pulled out of the plastic clip. I can shove the wire down in to the clip and get it to light if it's in the right spot. Is their any kind of glue I could use to just squirt down in to the opening and possibly glue it. I really don't know what else to do. Thanks in advance for your time! Jack

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-17, 09:12 PM
Group Moderator
Old 11-09-17, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
Was it a bare wire that pulled out or did it have a terminal on the end? If it has a terminal, careful inspection may show a bent tab that holds it in the connector.

If not, you could probably easily replace the connector with one from a parts store or junk yard. Just cut the old one off, connect the new one, insulate the connections with heat shrink or liquid electrical tape.

Looks to be about a $12 dealer part, which means probably $5 at a parts store and $2 at a yard. Doesn't even have to be the same exact vehicle most likely, any Suzuki from around that time will probably have a similar socket.

Old 11-09-17, 04:54 AM
Thanks Vic and Ray. It looks like it's a terminal that is soldered in place. I thought of the junkyard myself, but we have a junkyard shortage in my area anymore. I wasn't sure how hard it would be to get an aftermarket one. I think I will do as you said and just get an aftermarket one and splice it together. I wasn't sure how readily available this part was. Thanks again! jack

Old 11-09-17, 08:14 PM
There is conductive glue sold in parts stores for repair of window defogger. Will it work for you application donno, but it's working for glass.

Old 11-10-17, 03:53 AM
There is conductive glue sold in parts stores for repair of window defogger.
Didn't know they still sold this stuff. I had to use it when rear window defoggers first came out. I was young and stupid and did not realize that those wires were on the inside surface of the glass and scraped off a good portion of it.

Old 11-10-17, 08:13 PM
Thanks all for the advice and options. I couldn't find the socket anywhere except online. Really didn't want to wait 2 weeks for the part and figured I had nothing to lose. I stripped more of the wire down to bare wire., bent it, inserted it in the back of the plug, made sure their was contact and that the bulb would light up, and I superglued it. I just squirted some superglue down the hole and hoped. Seemed to have worked, for now anyway. Got it all back together and everything works well. Thanks for all the advice, suggestions, etc. Jack

Search this Thread