2011 Chrysler 200 heater problem question.

Old 12-28-17, 08:36 AM
2011 Chrysler 200 heater problem question.

2011 Chrysler 200 with a large heat difference temperature between the drivers side and the passenger side dash vents. The vehicle has a single temperature system and before I get too far pulling the vehicle apart I would like to find a picture of what the central hvac housing looks like. It will be difficult to diagnose this problem without knowing how the air flow is distributed. Thanks for any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-17, 08:52 AM
Group Moderator
A quick search online produced a lot of people with the same problem. At least one person stated that it was a plugged heater core and another that the thermostat in the dash was plugged. I don't know if some models have dual zones or not but it might not be a simple duct issue.

Old 12-28-17, 01:36 PM
Thanks, I have read many discussions on this and the air from the heater core is very hot so it's not a plugged core, if the thermostat was plugged it wouldn't be just one side as it's not a dual system. I need to know where the three actuators are and what they do. Both sides are difficult to get to and I'm just trying to cut down on how much of the car I'm going to have to take apart. Knowing the air flow distribution would tell me generally where to start.....

Old 12-28-17, 08:56 PM
not being a dual sytem makes the problem not with air flow. but with proper even heat across the heater core. think of it as a double door. each door leading to left/right. if the left is plugged only the right will be hot. also low coolant can cause this. by creating an air pocket on one side.