Flashing relay location

Old 02-24-18, 08:42 PM
Flashing relay location

I have a 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser. The flasher is not working. It stays on when you shut the vehicle. I would like to find the relay for the flasher.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-18, 09:29 PM
Group Moderator
Do you mean when you turn the key off..... the regular directional lights still work ?

I don't see a relay for that specific function. I see an always live and a key switched power sent to the multi-function control module which is located in the steering column under the emergency flasher switch.

Last edited by PJmax; 02-24-18 at 09:56 PM.
Old 02-25-18, 02:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I agree, if the turn signals work with the ignition off its likely a wiring issue. 4 way flashers are supposed to work with the ignition on or off.

Old 02-25-18, 07:53 AM
I got some off the info wrong about the flasher.I am relaying the info from a friend. With the key on,FLASHER goes on but does NOT flash. With the key off the flasher lights up but does not flash. Any idea where flasher is or its relay.

Old 02-25-18, 08:27 AM
Group Moderator
The flasher is located in the multi-function control module which is located in the steering column under the emergency flasher switch.It uses the square 5 pin flasher unit.