4 wheel drive not working

Old 03-14-18, 05:11 AM
4 wheel drive not working

I have a Jeep Liberty 2002, which has been well maintained and kept in good condition. Recently, I had the crankshaft assembly replaced. Three days later when a snow storm hit l went to put my car in 4 wheel drive but the lever had no tension on it whatsoever. It doesn't even feel connected to anything. Also, normally it will read on the display panel "part time" or "full time" when placed in 4 wheel drive. I get nothing - no tension, no readout! I can say with 100 percent certainty that the 4 wheel drive was working when I dropped my car off for repairs. Is it possible that they may have disconnected it or caused damage to it when replacing the crankshaft assembly?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-18, 05:19 AM
could be something simple like being disconnected would probably take it back to the shop that did the work have them look at it.

Old 03-14-18, 05:23 AM
Most likely it's an electronic connection that was not reconnected or came loose.

Old 03-14-18, 05:36 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Jeep has plastic bushings that connect the shift cable. It's not uncommon for them to rot and fall out. When that happens the cable often comes disconnected. You should be able to just crawl under it and slip it back on. The permanent fix requires a new bushing, $2-$3 part.

Old 03-15-18, 09:02 AM
Thanks so much for all your input. I'll take it back to the shop. At least I have some idea of what may have gone wrong. I'll keep you posted.