2007 Chrysler 300 no start

Old 03-18-18, 01:59 PM
2007 Chrysler 300 no start

I parked my 300 last night after running all day with no issues. I went out this morning to go, and I could not activate the door locks with the fob, had to use the key. That started horn honking which would not stop until the battery completely died. I tried to jump start it with the same result, I put in another battery which did the same thing. It has 106 thousand miles, and I have no check engine lights, and I did not leave the lights on last night. The fuse for the sentry system was ok. I hope you can save me a tow, as I don't know what else to check? (3.5 V-6)

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-18, 02:10 PM
Group Moderator
Usually you can disarm the factory alarm by just turning the ignition to on.
If the alarm went off then the sentry system fuse had to be ok.

You need to assess what it is working and what is not.
Do the headlights, parking lights, dome lights work ?
When you put the key in the ignition does anything at all happen ?

If nothing works then concentrate around the battery wiring.

Old 03-18-18, 02:27 PM
Chrysler 300 no start

Before this happened, if I unlocked the door using the key fob, I could get into the car wihout aggravation. Now to get in I have to use the metal key which immediately starts the horn honking, a turn of the key to "on" will stop it momentarily until I turn it to start. Nothing happens except the horn starts honking again. I have not had the option of testing the other systems as the whole neighborhood is out wondering what is going on over here. I can disconnect the battery neg cable to stop it, but reattaching it immediately starts the honking again. I am going to have to find the horn wire to disconnect it, before testing more systems

Old 03-19-18, 06:01 AM
So the alarm circuit and possibly some other circuits are working but it sounds like the ignition circuit, or at least part of it, and perhaps some other circuits are not working. It obviously could be any number of things, but when some things work and some things don't I generally start with two things that I have found very common culprits. First is the battery. Never mind that it's only so old, that it worked fine up until yesterday, or whatever, remove it, clean the terminals good while it's out, charge it, and take it to your local auto parts store to have it load tested. Never mind checking it with a voltmeter because that will tell you next to nothing, unless it has zero volts of course, but that is probably not the case. If it's not the battery, I would clean and inspect the ground connections. They're not always easy to find, but one is at the other end of the negative battery cable, and I believe you will find a connection from the frame to the engine and the the frame to the body. Frame of course being more of a generic term today, but whatever structure is there. And I know it's a pain in the butt thing to do, but you're in the rust belt. You might toss in checking all of the other fuses before doing anything else, but it doesn't sound to me like that is where your your problem is.

Old 03-19-18, 02:15 PM
Chrysler 300

Thanks for the long list of possible. No time for all of that right now. AAA came to get it, driver had some guy from the shop on a blue tooth and went thru all my processes (I had already done) and gave up on it. It is on its way to my trusted back up squad at the the repair center. I will post back what they find. This one stumped all of my normal sources prior to posting to you. too. (My bet is that some electrical part shorted out, and subsequently drained the battery after I parked it when I came home. With that part shorted, nothing would work right when I charged up the battery, Lets see how close we come!

Old 03-23-18, 09:41 AM
Chrysler 300 no start

The diagnosis was a burned out module for the security system. New module on its way. Visiting tech (at $150.00) has to program it and p;ossibly will need two new Key fobs to operate it. Waited too long before trading it in I guess. Still waiting to get it back. (Friday)

Old 04-02-18, 06:13 PM
2007 Chrysler 300 No Start

I now have an operational car, but there are 3 lights lit on the lower right hand corner of the dash panel. I know one is for ABS, the other is traction control, and the third is a series of letters that at this point are meaningless to me. I am taking it back to the guy who re programmed the system to the new 400 dollar black box he installed last week to see if we can track down if these lights are codes related to the programming or are new problems I guess. Seems weird that all this stuff would just happen overnight (litterally) with no warning at all....

Search this Thread