How To Reprogram old Alarm system? Remote Access2 Keyless Entry System

Old 04-03-18, 11:56 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question How To Reprogram old Alarm system? Remote Access2 Keyless Entry System

Hi, I tried working with Directed Electronic on this who now owns the Avital Remote Access system, but they weren't much help. My wife's car has the Remote Access2 Keyless Entry System installed but when we bought the car used, the previous owner had lost the fob's. Many emails later with Directed, they suggested I purchase a Clifford 904010 remote but when it came to requesting the exact code I need to program it with, they refused to help me any further.

Here is the How-To on scratch-programming a new fob
http://www.drdetailshop.com/904010_T...nstruction.pdf

I've included a picture of the inside of the alarm unit but the numbers I found do not correspond with the instruction in the PDF, could it be a different fob I need? I have the Serial number for the system as well in case any of you have access to some database for this sort of thing.

Any and all help would be much appreciated! Thank you.

Attached Images  
Old 04-04-18, 01:20 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,950 Upvotes on 3,543 Posts
I installed mobile electronics (alarms and remote starters) for many years. After a certain number of years..... remote fobs are no longer available as the coding process changes.

I'd recommend replacing the system with a new remote locking system. We could help you with the wiring.

Old 04-04-18, 12:30 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Pj, if the remote they recommended is the one that I need, I have seen several new ones available on Ebay. I guess the real question right now is whether that is the correct remote and if it is, where would I find the code referenced in the PDF? I thought it would be the code on the module shown in the picture but that does not match the pattern in the PDF.

Let me know if you have any other ideas, thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: