Keyless Entry Install 2012 Hyundai Accent

Old 04-16-18, 06:24 PM
Keyless Entry Install 2012 Hyundai Accent

Hello all. My gfs 2012 Hyundai Accent came with a door locking system that I've never really seen before. The driver door has a manual actuator that can only be triggered by inserting the key on the outside or physically moving the lock on the inside. Once triggered, there is a relay in the drivers door that sends a signal to the other 3 doors which all contain powered actuators with a motor, unlocking and locking the doors. There is also no lock/unlock switch.

I want to buy an OEM powered driver's door actuator, install and then install a cheap aftermarket keyless entry system. I would connect the keyless entry system to the lock/unlock wires of the stock actuator on the driver's door and I'm thinking when triggered it will unlock all 4 doors. My main concern would be if the keyless entry system would send the correct voltage to the OEM actuator.

I have all wiring diagrams but as they come from the service manual I don't really want to post and violate forum rules. Please let me know if this might work and what concerns I'm inevitably overlooking. Thanks in advance for all help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-18, 09:16 PM
Group Moderator
You can post portions of the diagram pertaining to what you are working on.... not the entire page. I sent you a PM in reference to picture hosting.

Old 04-17-18, 04:26 PM
Thanks for the image posting help!

Here are the photos. At the driver's door actuator I would connect the Brown from the keyless entry to the Gray of the door actuator connector for the "Lock" function. And the Yellow from the keyless entry to the Brown of the door actuator connector for the "Unlock". This would seem to unlock all 4 doors just be tapping into those two wires.

Car's Power Door Lock Wiring Schematic
Door Lock Actuator Connector
Generic Keyless Entry System

Old 04-17-18, 05:05 PM
so are you leaving the current drivers door actuator installed so you can still use the key or are you removing it?

Old 04-17-18, 05:12 PM
I'm fairly certain where the key goes is separate from the actuator I'll be replacing. The key lock is connected to the actuator by metal rods. Turning the key will move the rods, triggering the actuator. My current actuator doesn't have a motor, it needs physically triggered by the key. Getting one with a motor should allow for a signal to trigger. Definitely don't want to replace the lock and keys.

Old 04-17-18, 05:31 PM
your current driver actuator seems to just be a switch that switches polarity on the actuators to either lock or unlock your keyless module should be able to provide the same either with a couple of internal relays or external relays as long as you can remove the current driver actuator from the circuit.