Vibration in Ford Flex

Old 04-20-18, 04:35 PM
Vibration in Ford Flex

I have a 2016 Flex SEL that had been on the dealer's lot for 10 months. I bought it new (250 miles) on Labor Day weekend 2017.

When test driving, I didn't notice a vibration, but later while driving on a smooth road, I noticed a vibration. The dealer road forced the tires and also put on a new pair on the front. They thought they were out of round from sitting on the lot so long.

After driving it for 3000 miles, 7 months later, it still has the vibration so I took it back to the dealer after I had jacked it up and saw the driver's side axle has a small amount of wobble and with it up, I ran the front wheels up to 70 mph and there was a significant vibration, more than I see on the road. I took the service writer for a ride, actually he drove and said he could see what I was talking about. But after leaving it with the dealer for 3 days, he said the mechanic and shop foreman had driven it and a new one and they both drove alike and there was nothing they could replace that would stop the vibration.

I feel like the left axle is causing the vibration and I am going to either replace it myself or try to go higher up at the dealer.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, Smitty

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-18, 08:00 PM
Group Moderator
There's a level above the local dealer you can speak to as I recall. The local guys are not necessarily the end of the road (pardon the pun).

If you haven't already spoken face-to-face to the local Service MANAGER, you need to do that. Don't settle for the service writers or assistant managers.

There's really no excuse for having to put up with a noticeable vibration in a vehicle nowadays.

Old 04-21-18, 03:49 PM
Ask the dealer when their District Service manager is scheduled to visit next - that you want to talk to him.

Are you on a Ford Flex forum? I would join one and post there.

I am on the Chrysler Minivan forum and Chrysler Corp is active there.

Old 04-21-18, 05:38 PM
There is no tel;ling without a decent description of what exactly that vibration is. Even in Ford Flex forum. "I feel vibration" can have 1000 reasons.