Chrysler 300 loose side mirror

Old 04-21-18, 10:52 AM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Chrysler 300 loose side mirror

My 2007 Chrysler 300 has a loose passenger side mirror. I can see from UTUBE that there are 3 nuts behind a black plastic cover that have probably come loose. Utube does not specifically give an instruction for getting to the mirror. I do not want to pry off the plastic cover until I know that the trim piece it might be fastened to that surrounds the window glass has to come off too, as shown in Utube. Can i get to these screws without taking the entire door inside panel off?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-18, 12:53 PM
Received 64 Votes on 59 Posts
Any that I've ever done required removing the inside panel, but removing them is pretty easy. They're held on with "Christmas trees" or spring clips that just need to be carefully pried loose, and they're reusable so will pop back in with the palm of your hand. You can buy tools for popping them loose at your local auto parts store, but I've always used something like a screwdriver or stiff putty knife with a rag tucked behind it to protect the finish. You'll probably have to remove the door handle first, then pop the fasteners along the bottom and sides, pull out the bottom a little bit, and lift it up as it's probably tucked over the top along the window. That's the easy part. Getting to the nuts inside the door generally requires a certain amount of creativity as it's tight quarters, and be careful of the openings in the metal of the door as the edges are typically very sharp.

Old 04-21-18, 01:54 PM
Chrysler Side Mirror

The Black panel that wraps around the window and is attached to the cover is held on by two push pins. I am going to see if pulling those out will allow me to remove the panel and cover. I have the instructions for removing the entire panel if I have to.. I will let you know when I get to it.

Old 04-21-18, 02:08 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Votes on 127 Posts
... and if you break one of those plastic clips - they sell them at most any auto parts store. There are several types but you'll know what kind you have once you get the panel off.

Old 04-21-18, 04:53 PM
Group Moderator
Received 416 Votes on 389 Posts
I'm pretty sure that vehicle needs the door cover removed. Some have a small triangle shaped access cover but I don't think you have it.

Post a picture from that corner of the door. It shouldn't be too hard to see how to access the mirror.

Old 04-22-18, 08:09 PM
Loose Side Mirror

I can see that I have to remove a triangular cover to access the 3 nuts that hold the mirror and the cover is attached to a black trim piece that surrounds the window opening. It might very well be that the entire inner door panel may have to come off too, as the Utuble videos I have seen suggest that, but if these push pins being removed even get me a little bit of room to access the nuts holding the mirror, it will save a lot of time.