2006 PT Cruiser power door locks & dash lights don't work

Old 04-30-18, 06:58 AM
2006 PT Cruiser power door locks & dash lights don't work

Hello. I need some help fixing an electrical problem with my 2006 PT Cruiser. The main visible symptoms are no dashboard lights or LCD displays, the dome light doesn't work, and the power door locks don't work. From other messages I've seen, this kind of problem usually occurs in conjunction with the headlights not working. The headlights, tail lights, and signal lights on my car all work fine, except there's no sound when I use the turn signal. I can lock and unlock the car manually, but the switches on the doors don't work. My car is equipped with a remote keyless entry and I'm using the original key FOB. The radio, horn, AC, wipers, etc. all work. Any suggestions on where to start?

EDIT: When I use the lock/unlock button on the remote key FOB, the headlights flash like they're supposed to.

Last edited by loadmaster; 04-30-18 at 08:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-18, 10:58 AM
Update: The problem appears to be resolved for now.

I checked the #10 and #14 fuses under the hood. They looked intact but there was some corrosion on the leads so I replaced them with new fuses. Now the instrument panel, dome light, and power locks work again. I guess the wiring and electrical connections are just getting old.

Last edited by loadmaster; 04-30-18 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-30-18, 03:52 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

What you described is two different circuits. You found two corroded connections that could explain both circuit failures. You need to check into where the water is coming from as replacing the fusebox is a job you don't want to have do.