2016 Odyssey door open warning beep

Old 06-24-18, 06:00 AM
2016 Odyssey door open warning beep

I have a 2016 Odyssey that had the door open warning beep going off continuously. There is no indication that a door or tailgate is open on the dashboard. It sounds like it is coming from the back of the car and is only on when the car is moving. Occasionally, it will not come on for a trip, but then start again after stopping somewhere and then restarting. Just stopping at a stop light or something does not trigger the warning. I suspect it is the tailgate, but can't be sure. It is very annoying and I have to go on a long drive to the airport to pick up someone this evening. Is there any way to disable this warning beep until I can get into the dealer for a repair?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-18, 10:55 AM
Group Moderator
From what I've read....the sounding module is just below the drivers side rear tail light. You may have to remove the tail light to access it.

Apparently, this module controls all outside warning chirps so things like door locking and setting the alarm will probably not he heard any more.

There is a good chance it can be a defective door switch and not trigger the dash lights.