09 hhr key fobs help

Old 07-07-18, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
09 hhr key fobs help

I have a 2009 hhr with about 245k miles on it and it has the 2.4 litre engine. the problem is that the fobs seem to be unresponsive. when I push the alarm on the fob it beeps a couple of times, flashes the lights once or twice, but thats it, no door locks, no remote start. I don't what it is that accepts the signal from the remote to make things work. do you think I need to reprogram the fobs or is there another direction to look? I have the two original fobs with new batteries, I just replaced the batteries, and both do the same thing. thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-18, 06:02 AM
Received 45 Votes on 39 Posts
Your fob contains a transmitter and the car's electrical system contain the receiver. Your description above indicates the receiver is working. Two things can be wrong. (1) The receiver isn't decoding the fobs transmitted message. (2) Both fobs are transmitting the incorrect codes for functions not responding. Highly unlikely but worth checking the battery voltage. A visit to the dealer may be necessary.

Old 07-07-18, 09:08 AM
some local locksmiths sell and program remotes for cars. has anyone tried this method or is the dealer a first choice?

Old 07-07-18, 02:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 521 Votes on 491 Posts
I push the alarm on the fob it beeps a couple of times, flashes the lights once or twice, but that's it, no door locks, no remote start.
That says the fob and the receiver are working normally. You need to look in the owners manual for remote functions.

The remote start won't work if the hood switch can't confirmed the hood is closed or if there is any engine code set. Is the check engine light on ?

Old 07-08-18, 05:45 AM
tpms service light and check engine light are on. thanks guys