2017 Chrysler 300 Safety Recall

Old 08-01-18, 07:15 PM
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
2017 Chrysler 300 Safety Recall

My wife's relatively new car (2017 Chrysler 300 Limited with 3.6 Litre V6 and 10000 miles was called in for a safety recall regarding a computer setting involving the car not being in park when a driver might leave the vehicle AND one involving the cruise control locking up at speed. After both recalls were done last week my wife started complaining about the car not going into gear when she wanted it to. She said things just "lock up". When I ask what she did before this happens, I do not get a lot of answers that make much sense to me, so i was having a hard time explaining the situation to the dealer when I took it back today. The service writer said "no trouble codes" and wanted me to take it home. I said "not an option" and left it there. I don't think, and she says she wasn't trying to exit the vehicle when this happens, which I think people were doing while the car was not in "Park" She said she stopped the engine and re started it, with no positive result, it remains locked in, or out of gear, until it decides on its own to release itself. I need to know what to tell the dealer about what this might be, and if it is happening elsewhere? After it locked up this morning when she moved forward to get closer to the garage door to actuate the closer. it happened again, and she just parked it, and took off in MY car. When I got downstairs, I saw the car and wondering what happened, I started it and checked all the lights, took it around the block with no problem and called her to find out why she didn't take her car. She said she was not trying to get out of the car, just move it forward as I said, and things locked up on the car. What is going on here, and how do I get it fixed?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-18, 04:47 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 132 Votes on 118 Posts
Just a wild guess but could it be an issue with her key fob?

Old 08-02-18, 05:04 AM
Received 77 Votes on 71 Posts
These kinds of problems are tough to "prove" to the dealer. They only want to address code errors. Start to record all activity when using the car. That includes dash board pics and videos. Keep notes on times and conditions of when problems arise. If dealer refuses t acknowledge or address problems contact Chrysler directly. Marksr,'s idea about the key fob is an interesting one. Change the battery or ask the dealer to reprogram the fab. That's assuming your key fob does not exhibit the same problems.

Old 08-02-18, 05:24 AM
Received 62 Votes on 57 Posts
I had my 2017 Ram 2500 in last week for both of these recalls, and haven't driven it much since as I've been driving my work truck, but it did seem to me like there is a slight difference in the shifter since the repairs were made. It's not a problem as far as I am concerned, but seems like, for example, when I put it into gear or back into park the shifter needs to go pretty much straight down and in, rather than sort of sloppy up and over and it slides in as long as it's close enough. Don't know if that makes sense, but hope so. But like I said, I haven't driven it much since, and it could be more a matter of sliding between it and my work truck, so I'll pay closer attention and let you know what I find if I can remember to do so.