Jeep Patriot car stereo pinout connector

Old 01-16-19, 05:37 AM
A
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Jeep Patriot car stereo pinout connector

I need to change the car stereo, but a need to know the pinout of the stereo connector to install the new car stereo.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-19, 07:30 AM
H
Received 88 Votes on 78 Posts
THAT depends on the stereo you buy, and the car's model year and which stereo you've currently got.

(Been through this recently, about a year ago I swapped in an aftermarket Radio/MP3/MPEG player for my car)

You'll need to take out the existing radio, check HOW MANY many different audio harnesses the Jeep has: some cars have 2 radio harnesses, one for stock, another for upgraded/DVD/reverse camera installations.

https://www.jeeppatriot.com/forum/17...ter-sheet.html

THEN check what stereo harnesses your new stereo needs.
If you're lucky (or you are careful and order a stereo-that-fits-the-car-radio-harness) you have a direct plug-in replacement.

If not, you'll want to consider a pre-made wiring harness adapter and then pig-tail the bare-wires from the radio to the bare wires on the new harness.

Last edited by Hal_S; 01-16-19 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-16-19, 04:37 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,020 Votes on 946 Posts
I've installed hundreds of aftermarket radios. For many years I cut the plugs off the car harness and wired on the new stereo plug directly. Now companies like Metra offer a receptacle that will plug directly on to the car harness. It will use the same exact color wiring as your after market stereo does.

You didn't post the year of your vehicle and if it's a high end model there is an amplifier that will need to be bypassed before using a standard aftermarket radio. The link below is for a Metra 70-6522 which fits many Chrysler..... non high power amp installed....... vehicles from 2007 to the present.

Metra Chrysler receptacle

Many places like Advanced Auto and Autozone carry their plug/receptacle kits.

If you want to cut off the vehicle plug...... you'll need to post a few pictures of the plug and wiring so the correct plug wiring can be given..... How-to-insert-pictures

Old 01-16-19, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Something not mentioned (I don't think). Every more modern stock radio will have stickers with the pin-out right on the unit. The last car I did was a 2014 and it had labels on the unit. Take the old stereo out, find the sticker, then you just make a schematic drawing and you have your reference. I even took pic's of the sticker with my phone so if I didn't get done with the soldering I had to do, I could put the stock unit back in til I was ready to start.