2005 jeep grand cherokee issue

Old 02-10-19, 03:19 PM
2005 jeep grand cherokee issue

hi,
my limited with a 5.7L hemi is running really rough. it idles irratic ,, also while driving the engine will surge, at stop signs it will stall, and some red flashing light will come on and the car will have no forward or reverse movement unless i estart the vehicle. it is throwing these dtc codes; c121c torque request signal denied,p2110 throttle actuator control forced limited revolutions,p2118 throttle actuator control motor current range, p2299 brake pedal position/accelerator position incompatible, p2101 throttle actuator control motor circiut range.
the vehicle has 160,000miles but was a great vehicle. i dont know where to begin to fix. some wise help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-19, 05:38 PM
Group Moderator
Welcome to the forums.

There are some good mechanics checking in here but you may also want to check out the actual clubs.... like the Jeep owners forums.

From my limited experience with drive-by-wire systems..... a dirty throttle plate or throttle bore can cause all kinds of issues. You could also have a work throttle position actuator. Unfortunately.... these parts are expensive to just throw at a repair.

This video shows what a clean throttle position assembly looks like.
youtube.com/watch?v=-oIFyvBpr_U