PT Criuser brake issue

Old 06-01-19, 01:55 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
PT Criuser brake issue

Hi all,
just had to put new front disk brakes on my 2002 pt cruiser today. Has 70,000 miles on it and i have replaced fronts myself about 3 or 4 times over the life of it. Very easy to do. So i bought new rotors, caliper pins etc. I decided to go with ceramic pads as i usually use semi mettalic. So i get everything put together and lubed up. Took it for a drive and while the brakes feel great, while driving there is an annoying ringing that is there all the time from each wheel. I jacked up and put in nuetral and spun each wheel by hand and you hear the scraping of the pads on rotor. Kinda like when you spin the drum on the rear and you hear the rubbing. I am wondering if this is normal or if they take a while to settle in or what. Not sure what else to do. Thx

Old 06-02-19, 01:53 PM
A
Received 113 Upvotes on 98 Posts
would probably double check just to make sure it is the pads and not something else rubbing if its still occurring, if it is the pads you may want to try another type.

Old 06-02-19, 05:29 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thx, looked at it a while ago and its actually the stupid thin metal shims that go at each end of pad. The shims moved a bit and were rubbing on the rotor on both sides. I readjusted and all is quiet.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: