2014 Mazda CRx driver seat motor repair

Old 09-14-19, 03:48 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
2014 Mazda CRx driver seat motor repair

The motor to adjust the driver seat, up/down, back/forth, stopped working. Made the whirring noise but nothing moved.

So a little over one thousand dollar replacement of the motor.

Is this "normnal"? I do tend to adjust the seat a lot. Do I need to stop adjusting the seat for "minor" stuff and leave it alone? Be more careful of using the motor to avoid a $1000.++ repair every five years?

I wrote to Mazda, asking these questions, but never heard back.

Old 09-14-19, 04:52 PM
A
Received 72 Votes on 65 Posts
If the motor was shot I would not expect to hear it "whirring". So my guess would be that a drive pin has broken, a gear has stripped, or something along that line, but it's a little tight under there to see much so imagine that you will need to remove the motor and related mechanism(s) to see what's going on. And I guess I should add that if you haven't yet look under there to see if a pop can, window scraper, or something like that is preventing operation.

Old 09-18-19, 01:45 PM
I
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I didn't try to DIY it, I took it to Mazda. All they said was I needed a new motor. I was hoping something was just stuck in the mechanism. And it cost over $1000.00

My post/question is..should a seat adjustment motor go bad after 5 years? Should I be expecting this expense every five years or so.

Do I need to stop adjusting my seat so often because I will break the motor?

I do tend to "fiddle" with things like that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: