Raising a low vehicle by 2”

Old 09-21-19, 06:11 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Raising a low vehicle by 2”

I am looking for some suggestions as to how best to raise my vehicle by about 2 inches off the ground. I bought the Quick Jack hydraulic system for my car, but my vehicle is a little too low to place these under the side rails. I would like to get / make something that I can drive onto that will raise my vehicle by about 2 inches so that I can slide these hydraulic jacks underneath my vehicle. Ideally I would like something that is self made and must not too bulky that I can easily store away. (I do not weld). I am not aware of any rubber mats or something similar on the market that might serve this purpose. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Sponsored Links
Old 09-21-19, 07:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 194 Votes on 180 Posts
I would assume the vehicle came with a tire jack, you could use that to raise one tire up at a time. Or you could just make yourself some platforms (double thickness, beveled like a ramp) out of a 2x12 that you could lay down on the ground, then drive up onto them. (Or jack up one tire at a time and slip them under the wheels.)

Old 09-21-19, 08:45 AM
Thanks for reply. Jacks won’t work, because the hydraulic lift needs the entire side between wheels free (both jack points). Also, I do not have a low profile jack. (Car does not come with jack.......... run flat tires to stealership). Probably will do wood thing, unless nice rubber option

Old 09-21-19, 06:23 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 19 Votes on 18 Posts
Get a 2x10x12 cut 4 into 2 foot lengths Cut 4 into 1 foot lengths and stack them like a ramp. will raise car by 3 inches.Use one stack at each wheel.

Last edited by pugsl; 09-21-19 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-22-19, 04:55 AM
Thanks! Using lumber seems to be consensus best option.