Add-on heated seats

Old 12-09-19, 04:34 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Add-on heated seats

Hi.

My wife is addicted to the heated seats in my Grand Cherokee - so much that I'm "persuaded" to swap cars with her on cold days. (Both cars' heaters work fine, of course, but that's not the point )

Is there an add-on unit I could install in her '19 Civic that isn't a hack job and doesn't look like something from the clearance section of JC Whitney?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-19, 05:38 AM
Received 189 Votes on 171 Posts
Sure, you can buy heated seat pads. The work well and look good. In the summer I pack them away until winter again. Easy to hookup and they fit well.
I bought the ZONE TECH model SE0001-2
But I suspect you don't want to see an add-on seat cover type item. You can have a third party heated seat with dashboard switch added. But a word of caution...I had the dealer install a third party heated seat on a brand new car, and they don't work as an OEM. Due to seat belt warning system they may not operate on both seat and back section. If not installed by the factory, no add on heated seat will work as factory installed.

Old 12-09-19, 07:30 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I just looked that up. It doesn't look too bad. (Besides, the Civic is a lease, so there's no sense installing anything permanent.)

Thanks