Dodge Grand Caravan power steering leak

Old 12-11-19, 03:15 PM
N
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Dodge Grand Caravan power steering leak

Hello. I have a 2010 Dodge grand caravan. I was having a leak and my serpentine belt shredded. When the guy went to replace it, he said my pump was shot. He could see it wobbling. He also said my water pump was broke as there was coolant leaking. Both were replaced. After he was done I was driving and it was still whining and steering was still hard. He said it was most likely air in the lines unless the pump was bad ( he said the refurbs sometimes are) and to give it a day or two. There were no leaks. That was yesterday. Today it was whining loudly and the steering is still hard. It was on and off..it would be ok then when I went to turn it would get hard. Mostly harder when I am turning slowly. I did what I was told to try and get the air out of the lines last night. (remove cap, turn wheel etc) This am the fluid looked ok. I drove my girls to school and home.This afternoon when I went to get them...still whining loudly and turning hard. While I was sitting waiting, my daughter walked up and said do you know there is a big puddle underneath? There was. I checked and fluid was very low. I put some in and when I got home it was empty. I took a picture of the pump and it looks like this is where it is coming out. Is it just not put on right? or is it the pump? Any input would be great. Thank you.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-19, 03:28 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 330 Votes on 293 Posts
Take it back to your mechanic - it should be his responsibility to make it right [at no extra charge]