2016 Chevrolet Volt

Old 12-26-19, 02:12 PM
W
Received 15 Votes on 14 Posts
2016 Chevrolet Volt

I posted a problem my Daughter was having with her 2016 Volt, with 60000 miles on it still under warranty. The Fuel Door for Gasoline refused to open with the actuator. Forum advice was to take it back to the Dealer, which she did. The fuel door actuator has been repaired, but in the meantime, (she had been driving it while waiting for parts) another problem popped up with the electrical charging process. She says that the charging indicator says that the system is not charging at the same rate as it was before, but the dealer says that if it wont trip the check engine light, they cant fix it under warranty. Sounds like something I cant print here, but I don't know enough about these hybrid systems to say too much. Does anyone know what the correct charge rate should be, how to read it, on the vehicle dash, and what might be the problem with a lower than acceptable rate? Can't believe she is the only one who has had this happen.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-19, 02:29 PM
Received 392 Votes on 366 Posts
I'm going to suggest you visit a Volt forum to inquire, they will have a hell of a lot more users than this site!

https://gm-volt.com/forum/forum.php

Old 12-26-19, 05:23 PM
W
Received 15 Votes on 14 Posts
Thanks! I will do that!