Key Fob

Old 06-11-20, 11:32 AM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Key Fob

Our second key to a 2010 Buick Lacrosse has been lost. Before we end up stick somewhere I would like to have it replaced. I know we can buy the Fob online and figure I could get it programmed but how do you go about getting the key part made to start the car. I know it comes as a blank since we purchased one previously but just changed out the one we had.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-20, 11:40 AM
Group Moderator
Received 48 Votes on 38 Posts
Most places that do keys can cut the key and also clone the original. Some are harder than others. I had one done at Wal-Mart.

Can also google : "cloning a 2010 Buick Lacrosse key", lots of good info and sources for purchase and instructions for programming. YouTube likely to have lots of info, too.

Old 06-11-20, 12:23 PM
M
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the advice.

Old 06-12-20, 08:00 AM
D
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
I have a 2011 F150, I looked at the online sources and decided that there was enough that I did not know for me to go to a local lock smith. After 3.5 hours and everyone including the owner had a shot at my truck I paid them 140 bucks for 2 coded Ford remotes. Never in my days did I think it would be that hard. They used 3 different programming machines before they got it to work. The best news is that they gave me a flat key that I put in my wallet so I can open the doors and drive the truck with out the fobs.

Old 06-25-20, 08:29 PM
W
Received 10 Votes on 10 Posts
I have a 2007 Chrysler 300 that has been a great car, but a module that handles the security system failed. It was not a good day, lots of noise before I could get the battery disconnected in the trunk. I have a really good shop that calls on a really good locksmith who specializes in Key Fobs etc They got everything with the security system working except the dash warning lights (like for the Anti Lock brake system and traction control system) go out.(even though the systems are all in working order) In order to fix that, I have to go to a dealer, who apparently has a ten thousand dollar machine that can make the lights operate correctly, along with the systems they monitor. 50 bucks to do that. With that kind of OEM muscle and designs, I don't see a lot of future for easy fixes for stuff like this...