Car Battery and Tire

Old 07-12-20, 09:09 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Car Battery and Tire

How much would it cost to replace and install a 2005 Honda Civic car battery?

How much would it cost to replace and install ONE 2005 Honda Civic tire?

The reason why I am asking is because I got several different replies, and the total costs were all different. FAR different from each other. I donít want to be bamboozled, and this has happened to me in the past with other situations. One of my friends, who claims to be too honest said about 400 dollars total for all the above. Is this accurate?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-20, 09:31 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 297 Votes on 263 Posts
Most batteries are in the $125-$160 range. A lot of parts stores will install a battery for free.
Tire brands/style can vary a lot. You should be able to call around or look on the net for the size/brand you need. Why just one tire? tires are best replaced in pairs.

Old 07-12-20, 09:52 AM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 42 Votes on 35 Posts
I agree with Mark that prices on both vary greatly. It just depends on how good of quality product you want. There's very cheap & very expensive in both.
Also, with tires, sizes often dictates prices. My truck uses 20" tires. If I buy good all terrain 20" tires, I can spend $400 per tire generally speaking.

However, if its a small car with 13" tires, you can buy tires less than $100 in some places. The bottom line here is it just depends on many factors & can vary greatly on both products.

Drangd voted this post useful.
Old 07-14-20, 06:07 AM
Group Moderator
Received 53 Votes on 43 Posts
with the comments. Say 100 bucks for a tire and $150 for a battery, even with mount & balance on the tire and assorted fees, should be able to do both for under $300. All the parts stores I know will install battery at no charge. And I agree on buying only one tire unless the others are low mileage.

CasualJoe voted this post useful.