Just driving and then loud buzzing alarm noise in car! WTH?

Old 01-17-21, 09:31 AM
G
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Just driving and then loud buzzing alarm noise in car! WTH?

Geezez and my problems just keep coming!

I recently had my battery replaced (3 weeks ago) so maybe it's related to a bad ground or something from what I read just browsing on the net but I'd like to ask if anyone here knows WTH this noise is.

I was listening to music at the same time (sd card in the car multimedia unit) and I think this loud buzzing noise came from the right side speaker or right side/passenger side of the car in general. I thought it might be from the sd card messing up so I lowered the volume but the buzzing alarm sound was the same and I could actually still hear the music playing in the background so it made me think it wasn't the sd card getting screwed up playing a bad file or something (like how CDs in the car used to make loud noises in the speakers when u have a bad file or a scratch on the cd).

Anybody have any clue where this awful noise came from? Never heard it ever in my life in all my years of driving lol.

I uploaded a short clip of it here on my spare youtube channel where I just use it to share video links for help.
https://youtu.be/9ZBw55CAx-U

Old 01-17-21, 11:14 AM
Received 460 Votes on 429 Posts
Not the audio system, warning chimes etc are broadcast through the speakers, going to have to track down what is going on, door open, no seatbelt, what ever else causes the audio alert!

Old 01-17-21, 11:30 AM
Z
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
Doesn’t sound like audio to me either. I wonder if might be related to air intake for the cabin. A loose filter or something like that. I’m not sure but I seem to recollect a long time in the past I had some kind of strange ticking sound or something crazy noise like that due to the cabin filter.

But I can’t swear to it, for some reason my elderly brain I think makes things up, for what reason I don’t know – lol.

(maybe you could play with the air intake a little and see what happens)

could it be maybe a bad fan noise?

Old 01-17-21, 12:17 PM
Received 79 Votes on 67 Posts
What year is your car? If applicable check for loose plastic panels in, under, or around the engine compartment, wheel well, etc. Could be a panel underneath that falls and scrapes on the pavement or tire at speed due to air pressure. I once had that happen at the front. Another time (not as loud as yours but loud enough to sound like a problem) I had a buzzing sound from a maple tree seed that got caught in the narrow drip edge above the door of a Toyota and vibrated at high speed.

Old 01-17-21, 02:46 PM
Z
Received 35 Votes on 34 Posts
That noise seems very regular like a bad fan would make. Could it be like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1jHf_RV_Es

Old 01-17-21, 08:26 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,397 Votes on 1,294 Posts
I have a bad bearing in my blower fan and it makes the identical same sound.,

Old 01-17-21, 10:43 PM
Received 35 Votes on 33 Posts
I have a bad bearing in my blower fan and it makes the identical same sound.,
Is that you van with the famous T444E PowerStroke Diesel 7.3l engine? The 1,000,000 mile engine if properly taken care of and maintained.

PS: what is with the 3 minute wait between posts? I have been on this forum many years now I'm not a spammer do you or another moderator also have the three minute wait?

Old 01-17-21, 11:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,397 Votes on 1,294 Posts
Members have a wait delay to stop spam. I don't have a delay.
Yes.... that's from my "over the hill" Ford van.

Old 01-18-21, 01:43 AM
G
Thank you for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure it is not a mechanical noise like vibrating, shaking, loose fans, bolts, etc. Nothing like that.

It was a digital noise. It was like an alarm from the speakers. It only turned on once for about 7 seconds and never again since. The sound was inside the car too so not anything like a mechanical part under the car or under the hood. I have no idea what it was. It was coming from the right side only (speaker most likely) but it wasn't the music or radio as I turned the volume down and the noise was still the same. Does anyone if any such components in the car has it's own built in alarm buzzer? Does the ECU make a digital noise when something is wrong? Or could it be an issue with the battery/ground that messed the audio system in the car and made it blare out a loud alarm buzzing noise?

Old 01-18-21, 09:38 AM
Received 79 Votes on 67 Posts
Did you check your owner's manual to see if there is a special reset procedure for the audio system after battery replacement? Did the dealer replace the battery?

A while back some audio systems had a "kill" feature to thwart radio thieves. A special code was needed to reset the system after a full power shutdown. Maybe your system produced the loud annoying buzz for that reason. Did it stop or is it intermittent or continuous?

Old 01-19-21, 10:00 PM
G
It only happened that one time so far. It's never made that noise since.
I'm stumped! But I appreciate the replies.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: