need location of heater blower resistor 89 dodge dynasty

Old 07-12-01, 07:45 PM
Visiting Guest
am tring to replace the resistor for the heat/air conditioning blower in 1989 dodge dynasty have check sveral mannuals and with the dealer while they all say that it exsists none can supply the location for replacement I need help.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-01, 04:09 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Check the firewall area or behind the glovebox area.

Old 07-13-01, 04:35 PM
Gix
Visiting Guest
they are all over the place on these chryslers , check under the washer bottle in front of the windsheild , or as joe set behind the glove box inside under the dash close to the firewall

Old 07-13-01, 04:53 PM
Visiting Guest
thanks for your help found it after i took the glove box out

Old 02-06-02, 01:59 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 92' dynasty with the same problem. I can't seem to find them either. I have the glovebox out and still can't find them. I really don't know what they even look like and how many there are. Any help would be appreciated. thank you.

Old 02-06-02, 02:01 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Should be in the same spot.

A quick call to the Chrysler dealer should net the location in a jiffy.

Old 02-06-02, 08:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Gvatic...the blower motor resistor looks like a spring mounted flat on it's side on a small board with an electrical connector and wires coming from it. I can't tell you where it is, as dodge hid them like easter eggs, lol. As mentioned earlier, look under the hood on the firewall near the passenger side, and behind the glovebox. Look for a rectangular piece approximately 1 1/2" wide and 3" long with 2 screws holding it in. You won't be able to see the "springs" until you get it off. If it's bad, you will see a burned spot on one of the "springs" which is actually the resistor itself. Good luck on your egg hunt...lol!

Old 02-07-02, 10:16 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Lol. Just call up a Chrysler dealer and their parts book should show the location in the picture. Done .

Search this Thread