Honda Odyssey

Old 07-20-01, 02:29 PM
daniel.johnston
Visiting Guest
Question

the electric passenger door seems to need some adjustment because when it closes the trailing edge of the door does not suck up flush with the body and the warning light showing the door is still open is lit. Does anyone have any tips about these doors and the locking system.

Today my wife asked me to purchase a third key to the Honda Odyssey. I purchased the key for $18US and was told the key still had to be programed for another $35US what is the deal. I guess $50US for a key is alittle hard to swallow.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-01, 03:15 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Where did you buy the key? New cars are getting like this, parts like this with technology are not cheap. Gone are the days of 99 cent keys at your local hardware store when they are this complex. The key alone on a Porsche 928 generally has to be cut by the factory (but can be done by a reputable locksmith) because the vin # is on file with Porsche headquarters and gives the codes. That is a 50 dollar key and it's not even electronic!!!

Have you priced it with a locksmith?

As for the door problem, check http://www.alldata.com for any bulletins or recalls on your problem.

Old 12-24-02, 10:46 AM
dan, try www.odyclub.com. great site for odyssey specific issues (and this is where i learned about doityourself.com)

Old 12-25-02, 10:09 AM
otter_
Visiting Guest
key cost

Check your owners manual as to why you paid what you did for the key. More than likely, the key has a chip embedded in it that performs a "handshake" with the vans powertrain computer. Programming the key for the first time allows the vehicle's computer to recognize it and allow the engine to start.