Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1999 Ford Expedition - ck susp light

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-18-01, 01:54 PM   #1  
1999 Ford Expedition - ck susp light

I have a 1999 Ford Expedition with the automatic air suspension leveling system. The "ck susp" light is now on, on the dashboard. It doesn't appear as if the air compressor is kicking in. I have swapped the 50a fuse with another and could not move the problem so I believe the fuse is good. Is there anything else I can do before taking it to Ford?

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

11-18-01, 02:10 PM   #2  
Joe_F
Might be the compressor or the sensors.

Brand new truck, should be warrantied by them, wouldn't mess with it .

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

11-19-01, 06:37 AM   #3  
Thanks for the reply. It's going into the dealer on Friday. They indicated it's more than likely a sensor because there haven't been many problems at all with the compressors. Let's hope so. Unfortunately there's 48,000 miles so it's past the warranty period.

Visiting Guest

11-19-01, 06:46 AM   #4  
Joe_F
Even if it's past the warranty, it's still too new to require repair to the system.

Talk to the dealer manager and if they won't comply, speak to Ford headquarters in Detroit and maybe they will listen .

Worth trying to get a free repair

Visiting Guest

02-25-02, 06:04 AM   #5  
royalet
expedition

Hey i have a 98 expedition and i have 36,000 miles and mines too has just came on, any news from the dealer what was causing this.

Visiting Guest

02-25-02, 07:54 AM   #6  
Joe_F
See the reply in my other post.

Search this Thread