95 Toyota Camry Stalling

Old 09-03-01, 03:41 AM
Visiting Guest
I have an exterior storm door that was painted and the paint is peeling. I repainted it and the next year it peeled again. I applied metal primer and 2 coats of metal paint,again it peeled the following year. Is there anything I can painting it with that will stop it from peeling? Is there any prep work I'am doing wrong? I was told to wash it with vinagar prior to painting it. Has anyone heard of this?HELP!!

Sponsored Links
Old 01-15-02, 10:17 AM
Visiting Guest
95 Toyota Camry Stalling

95 Toyota Camry 4 cyl. stalling periodically, especially when car is coming to a stop. Recently replaced timing belt and water pump.
Thinking about running some feul injector cleaner through it and replacing plugs. Any other ideas on what might be causing this?

Thanks in advance.
South

Old 01-15-02, 11:09 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Stall when it's hot, cold? (temperature related)

Stall when it is wet out (bad ignition parts).

Recent work done to it?

Mileage?

Old 01-15-02, 11:14 AM
Visiting Guest
Seems like it does it after the car has warmed up. The weather doen't seem to effect it. has around 90k, and recently had timing belt and water pump replaced.

Old 01-15-02, 01:35 PM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
When it stalls when warm, do you have to wait a few minutes for it to restart or does it restart right away? Have spark all the time? Check my post "The Basics".

Module/ignitor problems pervade many Japanese marques such as Toyota.

Old 01-17-02, 08:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Starts right back up, usually the stall is preluded by the engine running rough for a few seconds.

Old 01-17-02, 10:05 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Have the ignition system and ignitor checked. Most parts stores can check them. If not, have it checked by a good shop.