Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What, No A/C?

Visiting Guest

11-24-01, 01:46 PM   #1  
flopsitter
Full time 4x4 hub conversion kit ???

Hiya .. i have a '76 GMC 3/4 ton P/U w/ full time 4WD ... i would like to convert front hubs to locking hubs to save gas consumption .. i am being told i need and additional transfer case conversion kit in order to use the WARN hub kits .. anyone have any experience with transfer case converison kits ? all new to me .. thnx ..

Sponsored Links

01-15-02, 10:28 PM   #2  
What, No A/C?

A couple of days ago, Southern California had one of those weird weather, 86 degree F. While driving my 1997 Ford Explorer Sport, mileage 53.5K, I turned on my a/c but no cool air. I then turned to max a/c, the same happened, no cool air. The heater works though. Glad it's not yet summer or I'd be sweating it.

Visiting Guest

01-15-02, 10:54 PM   #3  
knuckles
how did these 2 threads get combined?

This new forum software has a bug or 2.

For detailed info on converting your transfer case & front hubs to part-time operation, click on the link below.

http://www.off-road.com/chevy/mm-np203/

As for the Exploder w/ no A/C, 2 things come to mind...First is a bad low-pressure switch, 2nd is a lack of refrigerant in the system.

Search this Thread