Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

94 chevy s-10 4wd

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-17-02, 06:47 AM   #1  
94 chevy s-10 4wd

Yes I'm back again with another question about this truck. Sorry but this 4wd thing is still haunting me. The last time I inquired about this problem the folks that responded informed me about the vacuum lines and particulary the one that runs up to the front of the truck for the front axle actuator. There were some that needed replacing so I replaced all of them. However it did not fix it. One thing I did notice is that each time I worked on it I had the battery disconnected. When I would finish for the evening I'd start it up to move it and check to see if the 4wd would work. IT DID, only the first time though. Once I switched it out of 4wd it would not work. So now it seems that it is an electrical, computer, relay, module issue. Everytime I disconnect the battery, let it sit for 20-30 minutes, hook it back up the 4wd works and then doesn't after switched out. Does anybody have any ideas or do I need to bite the bullet and take it in to a service shop.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-17-02, 10:34 AM   #2  
Joe_F
Hit the GM dealer and find out what controls the 4WD.

If it's an actuator, the problem is likely there or whatever is triggering it.

Search this Thread