Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Volkswagon Fox Headlights

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-18-02, 08:04 PM   #1  
Volkswagon Fox Headlights

DEAR FRIENDS,
I OWN A 1987 VOLKSWAGON FOX. FOR ABOUT SIX MONTHS NOW THE HEADLIGHTS WHEN DRIVING WILL GO FROM BRIGHT TO DIM AND BACK AGAIN. IT HAPPENS NON-STOP WHILE DRIVING. I HAVE FINALLY HAD IT WITH THIS AND WANT TO FIX IT, I BELIEVE IT MAY BE A SHORT; IF NOT A VOLTAGE PROBLEM OR SOMETHING ELSE. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE THIS OUT. I NEED MY FOX BACK IN GOOD HEALTH.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-19-02, 11:05 AM   #2  
knuckles
1. Please don't post in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. It's the internet equivalent of yelling & we don't like to be yelled at.

2. Does the position of the dimmer switch have any effect on the high/low beams?

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-19-02, 04:54 PM   #3  
headlights

Originally posted by knuckles
1. Please don't post in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. It's the internet equivalent of yelling & we don't like to be yelled at.

2. Does the position of the dimmer switch have any effect on the high/low beams?

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-19-02, 04:56 PM   #4  
headlights

Originally posted by knuckles

No, the dimmer switch has absolutely no effect on the headlights.
May I ask why?

Visiting Guest

01-21-02, 06:26 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Because it is a potential source of the problem.

Have you tested the output of the alternator? You might have an intermittent connection problem or a charging system problem

Check my post "The Basics" for some ideas on how to test it using a digital meter.

Search this Thread