keyless entry

Old 01-18-02, 11:34 PM
rickoh
Visiting Guest
keyless entry

has any one here tried to install a keyless entry system in there car i just bought a omega keyless entry kit and wondered if it was going to be easy to install

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-02, 12:52 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
of course it should be easy might take you a hour or so to install it but be sure you connect/find all the correct wires first. Don,

Old 01-19-02, 12:54 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
also do you have power/windows or locks on your vehicle

Old 01-19-02, 01:05 AM
rickoh
Visiting Guest
yup power windows locks.i got a print out of the wires and found out i needed a piece because it's negitive triger, whaterver that means i've installe radios cb and other things just wondered what was involved i like to know the name of the stripers that strip the inculation off wires but leves the wire alone
btw its a 94 pontiac sunbird se
thanks for the reply rick

Old 01-19-02, 03:04 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
rick your welcome also there should be a toll free number to call in case you have any troubles i beleive they also have a web-site Don,

Old 01-19-02, 06:55 AM
Keyless

Rick,
The installation is not hard, Sometimes it's downright easy which depends on the output triggers from the module and the inputs of the car. Most keyless signals send a negative trigger which means it should connect easily to you car. If not then you will need relays to change the signal. Their are many good sources on the web for this information and the directions should explain everything.
First...Head to an electronics store and pick up Blue colorred T taps along with the male connectors. This will save you from having to cut and strip wires. You'll need to find a constant 12 volt signal which you can find at the fuse box.....The wire chart is the most helpful part of the project. If the chart does not say the triggers are reverse polarity then the installation is a snap. Post back with any questions and I'll be happy to help.

Old 01-23-02, 01:23 AM
rickoh
Visiting Guest
thanks all

the install went purdy good only one problem was there was 6 black wires comming from the door but it works now thinking about getting a acuater to pop the tunck now hehehe cant u tell i go over board lol

thanks for the help

rick

Old 01-23-02, 07:04 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
Hey Rick maybe i should have you work on my van. i cant find out why my power door lock won't lock from the drivers side plus i want keyless entry to. Don,

Old 01-23-02, 09:12 AM
rickoh
Visiting Guest
sure but cant promise that it will run after i get done pluse i find i aways have extra screws laying around btw i got the keyles system off ebay
i sent him an email and he told me the parts i would need and even sent a wiring chart for my car
it was the Deluxe Remote Keyless Entry System by Omega Research its got starte disable to but opted not o cut the starter wire and just taped it off

so far it seems nice to have no trying to find the right key in the dark to open the door i will never have another car with out it thats for sure

Old 01-23-02, 04:42 PM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
Rick i'm glad your happy with it i think omega has a web site that also has wiring diagrams on it for certain Years Don,

Old 01-23-02, 06:33 PM
rickoh
Visiting Guest
if they did i never found it and i hunted for them quite a bit

Old 01-24-02, 09:00 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
rick go to http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/site.html the wiring diagrams is on your left hand side Don,

Old 01-24-02, 09:11 AM
thekeymaker
Visiting Guest
Rick if you can't find it try http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/sunbird89-94.htm

Search this Thread