s-10 blazer cv joint

Old 01-20-02, 03:05 PM
Visiting Guest
s-10 blazer cv joint

I have a 1989 s-10 blazer. Does anyone know where I can get a step by step how to on changing a CV joint?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-02, 04:44 PM
Any service manual should give you these steps.I'd recommend you get a complete rebuilt axle assembly though it sure would be easier to install,plus it will have in most cases a lifetime warranty.
Check your local parts store they usually are a lot cheaper then just a joint.

Old 01-21-02, 05:19 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
I agree with Fordtech.

You can get a service manual subscription from www.alldata.com which will give you access to the factory type information.

A Chilton or Haynes manual from the library or parts store will do as well but might be sketchy on details.

Old 01-21-02, 11:28 AM
Visiting Guest
I tried alldata .com but they dont have info on s-10 4wd. I don't know which ball joint to remove and I need to know what size nut is on the end of the joint

Old 01-21-02, 11:55 AM
Joe_F
Visiting Guest
Ya, they won't

You have to PAY for a subscription to get the service information.

Else, try your library to see if they have a manual you can borrow.

Old 01-21-02, 03:08 PM
darrell McCoy
Visiting Guest
Not to long ago, put new boots and regreased(kit) on a real low mileage 84 S-10. Age got the boots. Had a svc manual from Helms that was detailed on procedure. I believe the hub nut is 36MM. Not sure the setup is the same on 86 as 84? If so, those flange bolts can be a bear. they really have good sealer on the threads. Don't twist them off.