Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

s-10 blazer cv joint

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-20-02, 03:05 PM   #1  
s-10 blazer cv joint

I have a 1989 s-10 blazer. Does anyone know where I can get a step by step how to on changing a CV joint?

Sponsored Links

01-20-02, 04:44 PM   #2  
Any service manual should give you these steps.I'd recommend you get a complete rebuilt axle assembly though it sure would be easier to install,plus it will have in most cases a lifetime warranty.
Check your local parts store they usually are a lot cheaper then just a joint.

Visiting Guest

01-21-02, 05:19 AM   #3  
Joe_F
I agree with Fordtech.

You can get a service manual subscription from www.alldata.com which will give you access to the factory type information.

A Chilton or Haynes manual from the library or parts store will do as well but might be sketchy on details.

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

01-21-02, 11:28 AM   #4  
I tried alldata .com but they dont have info on s-10 4wd. I don't know which ball joint to remove and I need to know what size nut is on the end of the joint

Visiting Guest

01-21-02, 11:55 AM   #5  
Joe_F
Ya, they won't

You have to PAY for a subscription to get the service information.

Else, try your library to see if they have a manual you can borrow.

Visiting Guest

01-21-02, 03:08 PM   #6  
darrell McCoy
Not to long ago, put new boots and regreased(kit) on a real low mileage 84 S-10. Age got the boots. Had a svc manual from Helms that was detailed on procedure. I believe the hub nut is 36MM. Not sure the setup is the same on 86 as 84? If so, those flange bolts can be a bear. they really have good sealer on the threads. Don't twist them off.

Search this Thread